Arranging a mortgage
Most people require a mortgage to purchase a home, whether that home is located in Stony Plain, Parkland County, Spruce Grove, the Edmonton area, or elsewhere in Canada. This section explains the elements of a mortgage including type, terms and how to qualify for one. In addition, choosing the right mortgage for your needs can help you retire this financial obligation sooner.
• A review of principles including interest rates, payments, amortization period, pre-approval process and conventional and high ratio mortgages.
Choosing a mortgage to meet your needs
• This article explains the different options available, including closed, variable, assumable and vendor buy-back.
Qualifying for a mortgage
• Here is what you need to know when you apply for a mortgage. When you are prepared and have all your documents in place, you will be approved much quicker and on your way to buying your home.
Make the most of your mortgage
• When you are shopping for a mortgage compare terms, rates and payments. Differences in these areas could save you or cost you thousands over the life of your mortgage. This article provides some suggestions on making your payments work harder for you.
Shave years off your mortgage
• This article provides you with a chart that shows how much money you will save by changing the amortization period and increasing your payments.
Don’t forget about these costs
• There is more to buying a home than simply the asking price. This article outlines fees that are your responsibility, including legal, service, insurance, inspection, appraisal, survey, moving and interest.